MUSHROOM- WALNUT- QUINOA LOAF WITH KETCHUP GLAZE
It's countdown to Thanksgiving and we're in full swing of operation #SaveTheTurkeys
Here's a da-licious main dish option:
1/2 cup ketchup
3 tablespoons agave
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 flax eggs ( 2 tablespoons flaxseeds + 6 tablespoons of water)
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium red onion, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 1/2 cups cremini mushrooms, finely diced
2 cup cooked quinoa
3/4 cup gluten free oats
1/3 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
1/2 cup walnuts, finely diced (pulse in food processor until fine)
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 tablespoon vegan worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons salt, more to taste
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, more to taste
1. Ketchup Glaze:
2. To make the glaze, mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Mix well & set aside
3. Meatless Loaf
4. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit
5. Mix the water and flax-seed meal together in a small bowl, set aside for at least 10 minutes (this makes 2 flax eggs)
6. Prepare a loaf pan by lining with parchment paper, coat the paper with a non-stick cooking spray. Lining the pan makes it easier to remove after cooking. Set aside.
7. In a small bowl, mix the tomato paste, worcestershire sauce, thyme, rosemary, salt & pepper. Set aside
8. In a large pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Sauté onion & celery over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, until onions are slightly browned and celery is softened.
9. Add the mushrooms & garlic and sauté until the mushrooms are tender, about 4-5 minutes
10. Transfer the cooked mixture into a large bowl. Add the breadcrumbs, flax eggs, quinoa, rolled oats, walnuts and mixture from the small bowl. Combine all ingredients really well. Give a quick taste, to see if it needs anymore salt or pepper, add as needed
11. Place mixture into your lined loaf pan. Press down firmly so it molds into pan. Brush top of loaf with the ketchup glaze.
12. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until heated through.
13. Let the loaf cool for about 10 minutes before trying to remove from pan. Use the paper to pull it up and onto your serving dish. Let sit for another 5 minutes before serving.
Share this post
← Back to DaLiciously Vegan