I've made cauliflower fried "rice" quite a few time's and I absolutely LOVE it! It's a da-licious healthy alternative to traditional "Fried Rice" which usually calls for white rice and egg's.
However, this recipe twist was inspired by my husband Ryan, he's usually a strict meat and potatoes kind of guy but he's been meat free for the last 20 days. So, for him I decided to add in QUINOA for extra protein. This dish was a total hit, I plan to make it this way from now on.
Try it out for your family and let me know your thought's.
Cauliflower Fried "Rice"
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup brocolli
- 1/2 cup of sliced baby bella's
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos
- 1 Tbsp agave
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp green onions, chopped
- Boil 1 cup quinoa in 2 cups of water, until fully cooked and quinoa is tender. Set aside.
- Chop head of cauliflower into florets and place in food processor. Pulse until it starts to resemble rice; set aside.
- Heat a large wok (or skillet) over medium heat and drizzle in coconut oil. Add onion, peas and carrots and saute until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together liquid amino's, agave , ginger and red pepper flakes; set aside.
- Stir in cauliflower "rice" and quinoa and pour the sauce over top, mixing well. Cook for an additional 4 to 5 minutes, until cauliflower is soft and tender.
- Top with green onions, serve and enjoy!